For years, using an “opt-in magnet” has been the most basic strategy for growing your email list.
But opt-in magnets have several big flaws:
– They attract freebie-seekers who just want the opt-in magnet, not your emails
– They only work one-to-one — if one person sees your opt-in magnet, only that person will join your list
– They don’t generate any buzz — people do not get opt-in magnets and share them
For these reasons and more … I’ve never used an opt-in magnet.
I DO use another kind of magnet to grow my list.
And this magnet is …
An ordinary fridge magnet.
… no, just kidding. I don’t use a fridge magnet. (Though that would have made for a cool sales letter bullet.)
Rather, the magnet I use to grow my list is called a …
You’ve never heard of it before.
That’s because, just like my crazy Parallel Welcome Sequence … this is an email marketing concept I invented.
I’ve never seen anyone else using a referral magnet, let alone teaching it.
But I have no idea why.
Because unlike opt-in magnets, referral magnets have several advantages:
– They DON’T attract freebie seekers (the strategy does not require an opt-in magnet at all)
– They work on MANY people at once (just one person seeing your referral magnet can lead to tens or even hundreds of people joining your list — this has happened to me)
– They inherently create a list-building ‘feedback loop’ … the more opt-ins you get, the more opt-ins you generate
In 2020, I used a ‘referral magnet’ to DOUBLE the size of my email list in just 30 days.
Here’s why I tell you this:
I’ve just created a short video training on the “Referral Magnet” strategy.
Later (probably this year), I plan to include this in an expensive list-building product.
But for now … I am offering it as a standalone training for just $49.
Which is a bargain, considering how powerful and clever this strategy is:
This training is short — just 20 minutes or so — but it tells you everything you need to know to set up and use the “Referral Magnet” strategy.
A few caveats before you buy:
First, you must have a list already (even if it’s small), or the strategy won’t work.
Second, you must genuinely have something interesting to say on your topic. Which requires creativity and expertise.
Thirdly, there are no refunds and all sales are final.
And finally, this training is only available via my Learnistic mobile app. Meaning you will need a new-ish smartphone (from the last five years or so) to access it.
Otherwise, you can buy the training for just $49 here:
I am no longer selling the Referral Magnet strategy as a standalone product since it will be taught in my upcoming course on list-building due for release in August 2021 — follow my email list for details.