Oh, hey there!
You just clicked a link for what was *supposed* to be a sales page for my new course, Upwork in One Hour.
But I have some, uh, bad news …
See, in that course I was *supposed* to teach you my full strategy for succeeding on Upwork.
Including how I started with ZERO experience and NO credentials …
Won paid copywriting work in my very first week …
And raised my rates to $200/hr within my first nine months.
And I was *going* to teach you all this …
In just ONE hour!
So I was really excited to write this sales page.
I even paid some guy to make me this fancy logo and all:
I got the checkout all set up, too …
Priced it at a nice, affordable, sub-$200 price point …
And sat down to write this sales page.
But then I realised:
I’m a total IDIOT.
I should never have even tried doing this.
Because I remembered something:
As EVERY copywriter knows …
And there are NO good jobs on Upwork.
And anyone who uses Upwork is a total LOSER.
And they’re miserable and they make NO money.
I mean, why else would ALL the well-known copywriters out there diss Upwork?
Joanna Wiebe disses it …
Rob & Kira from The Copywriter Club diss it …
Shiv Shetti disses it …
And most importantly …
THIS ONE RANDOM GUY IN R/COPYWRITING DISSED IT:
These are all copywriters I respect, too.
(Okay, with the exception of random r/copywriting guy)
I don’t know why I never realised until now.
I guess you wasted your time coming to this page.
I’m really sorry, hey.
I don’t even know why I’m still writing.
It would be completely stupid of me to even TRY arguing with those copywriters who clearly know WAY better than me.
And so …
I will NOT try to pretend you can get plenty of high-paying jobs on Upwork, like this one I
got obviously didn’t get.
Or this one. Which I also didn’t get.
Didn’t get this one either.
… wait, what? I am NOT saying you can get good jobs like these. N-O-T, ‘not’.
i.e. you most definitely can NOT charge $6,000 for a sales page on Upwork, like I did this time I charged $6,000 for a sales page on Upwork.
And just to PROVE it cannot be done, I did it again.
Wait, we’re clear, right? Because you’re kind of looking at me funny.
Almost like you think I’m actually implying you CAN get good jobs on Upwork. Like this monster $36k gig I got.
But I’m not implying that, okay?
And I DEFINITELY am not saying you can even get personalised invitations for up to $300/hr, like this one, if you play your cards right.
(That screenshot is clearly fake.)
So is this one.
HEY. Remember, I’m *not* saying you can get offers like these on Upwork. You CAN’T. Okay? Sheesh. It’s almost like you don’t believe me or something.
Oh, I get it. It’s the pictures.
Maybe I had too many pictures. I’ll stop now.
Oops, finger slipped.
So … yeah.
I don’t know what THAT was all about.
It must have taken someone like, 13 hours to photoshop all those FAKE screenshots.
Clearly you should just go home now.
Even if this page were to somehow go on to actually sell you this stupid, worthless Upwork in One Hour course …
(which it TOTALLY wouldn’t since there is NO WAY you could make money on Upwork)
… why would you knowingly read a page that was trying to SELL you something and take your money?
You wouldn’t. You’re too smart for that.
Okay then. You can close this tab now. Without scrolling down any further, because there would be no point to that. Guess I’ll see you later!
… aaaaand like I said, no point scrolling! Bye now!
Psst, just letting you know, I think your mouse is broken! It’s still doing that scrolling thing!
Wait … are you, like, bored or something? Because I have an email list about copywriting, and it’s TOTALLY more fun than this sales page. Maybe you want to opt in for that instead?
(P.S. Don’t keep scrolling down, there’s nothing there)
So, I’m beginning to think you don’t believe me about the scrolling thing.
… okay, seriously, what the heck?
You’re still here?
You actually want to read a long-form sales page?
Selling you an … UPWORK copywriting course?
(Haven’t you heard of, like, Netflix?)
Clearly, you’re not very smart. I tried to tell you, it’s IMPOSSIBLE to win work on Upwork.
But, fine. If you INSIST on reading a SALES PITCH for course about winning copywriting work on a place like UPWORK … then be my guest.
Proper sales page comin’ your way in 3 …
White space …
Learn Almost Everything You Need To Know To Start Winning Paid Copywriting Work On Upwork As Soon As Tomorrow — Even If You Have NO Experience And NO Clients Yet …
ONE MEASLY HOUR!
If you are a copywriter who would like more clients … then this page is going to show you the best method I ever discovered for doing that.
See, I have created a course called …
And this course contains — from start to finish — the exact strategy I used to go from NO experience, NO credentials and NO earnings …
To winning paid copywriting work in my very first week on Upwork …
Leapfrogging my more experienced competition to rank as Upwork’s top hit for ‘sales page freelancers’ …
Leaving clients singing my praises while I charged them $200+/hr in my first year…
Writing profile copy so good, it was possibly the most ripped-off copywriting profile on the entire website for a while there …
And still, years later, receiving private, personalised invitations to high-paying jobs.
My new course goes through how I achieved all of that.
And the best part is …
You can learn my entire system …
in just ONE HOUR*.
*Okay, so it’s actually 90 minutes if you don’t watch on 1.5x speed. Bah, technicalities.
You see, I was kind of tired of courses that are full of bloat and ‘bonus interviews’ and a gajillion half-hour videos … and you end up only finishing 20% of the course.
So I decided … why not make a course so tight, you could finish it in one hour?
Thus, Upwork in One Hour.
(…what? Get off my back, this isn’t the freaking Creative Naming Olympics)
Note, it’s tight, but it ain’t light.
I spent like 50+ hours trying to get this to fit into an hour WITHOUT skimping on the good stuff.
And so the core of the course is what I call …
“The Hour of Power”
A series of 25 focused lessons that (on 1.5x speed) have a total play-time of just 60 minutes.
But before I tell you what is in the course, let me be deadly clear on what isn’t in it:
Upwork in One Hour is completely “B.Y.O-Copywriting-Chops”.
By that I mean, it will NOT teach you a single thing about how to actually write copy for your clients.
You will have to go and learn that elsewhere.
(May I suggest Daniel Throssell’s emails as a great place to start? If somehow you landed on this page some other way, you can sign up for those below …)
Anyway. While my system is great for getting you ‘in the door’ with clients … you still need to deliver good copy.
If you can’t, I can’t guarantee my system will make up for that.
Which is why I make no guarantees that Upwork in One Hour will make YOU as successful on Upwork as I have been.
But if you are a reasonable, grown-up person who understands this strange concept of “personal responsibility” …
Here is what is inside the course:
(i.e. the amazing knowledge you could have in just ONE HOUR from when you are reading these very words)
- A trick (which ONLY works on Upwork) for winning copywriting work even if you have literally never achieved a single thing as a copywriter (it’s how I got started …)
- My full four-stage Upwork ‘career map’ for freelance copywriters (this is the first lesson in the course, and in many ways it’s all you need to know)
- A back-door way to ‘spy’ on the proposals OTHER freelancers are sending in to try and win jobs (this can get unethical REAL fast, so I include a strong recommendation on where to draw the line)
- How to instantly eliminate EVERY single other copywriter as ‘competition’ and become your client’s ONLY choice. (This strategy works off of Upwork, too!)
- How to stand out even if you’re not the best at anything by using ‘niche stacking’
- A 12-point template for writing one of the best profiles on Upwork in under 15 minutes. (This is one of the few times I will ever encourage you to use a template. But here, I’ve done all the thinking for you … simply fill it out with your own details and you’re good to go!)
- My exact $$$ recommendations for what hourly rate to set!
- A 7-point checklist for writing proposals that win work even if you have NEVER been paid to write a word of copy before
- How to create a portfolio “on demand” in less than an hour if you have no samples
- The exact “fake beard oil” proposal that won me my first-ever Upwork job within days of joining Upwork!
- Why you should NEVER send your portfolio to a client (no exaggeration … and again, this is just as true OFF Upwork)
- 10 actual proposals I used to win Upwork jobs, with my commentary on each
- My four-part pricing strategy for “magically” bidding almost the exact maximum amount the client is willing to pay — even if it’s well above the budget they actually posted!!! (Actual feedback on this one from a student: “It’s like I have a powerful chess move for every scenario a potential client would throw at me. Very cool.“)
- How to make your proposal look dirt-cheap, even if it’s the most expensive one on the job
- The four things you MUST tell your client after they reply to your proposal if you want to get hired. (Two are the cost and when you can get it done by. The other two are far less intuitive but even more important)
- A simple line to include at the end of a message to a client that makes it almost neurologically impossible for them to feel ‘in charge’ of the interview. (Best of all, you can ‘reuse’ this line in multiple messages, and you’ll have even the most ‘alpha’ client acting like they are applying to work with YOU!)
- My 9-step outline for running job interview calls with clients — even if you’re a shy introvert
- Why you should NOT accept a client’s first job offer when they send it, EVER!!!
- A condensed version of the actual market research questionnaire I used with clients (stolen from my expensive Market Detective course)
- How to use a free online tool to ‘flip’ job interview calls so YOU become the one interviewing the CLIENT! (This is an Upwork strategy I invented, and every single student I have taught it to has said it is pure genius … yet it’s almost so ‘obvious’, you will slap yourself for not having thought of it)
- An 8-point checklist of what you must know before opening a contract
- Sneaky techniques for delivering your copy so the client simply likes it more. (And no, it doesn’t involve FedExing the copy, or sending them wine … those things are awesome, but these techniques are all FREE.)
- How to almost guarantee a gushing review after every project … and possibly even repeat work!
- A trick for using Upwork to win copywriting work OFF Upwork — without getting banned! (Upwork has strict rules prohibiting taking your Upwork jobs off the platform … and they enforce them hard. But do what I tell you, and you will be fine.)
- And way more (you’d be surprised at what I managed to fit into one hour)!
This is all in the “Hour of Power”, meaning it will take you just one hour to get through all this.
So you could take the course right now … and in theory, win your first job on Upwork tonight.
(I don’t think that’s super realistic, you’d have to be lucky to do it that fast, but it’s certainly possible. I won my first job within a week.)
But that’s not all I put in this course.
There is also a ‘bonus’ material section (once you’ve finished your ‘Hour of Power’) containing valuable advanced freelancing tips like …
- How to get your Upwork account approved! This course includes the world’s most up-to-date and accurate information on getting an Upwork profile approved — from the world’s leading Upwork expert, Steven Alexander Young of C Tactics (the guy who taught ME Upwork).
- A copy of my (now private) Upwork profile — “the most ripped-off copywriting profile on Upwork”. In terms of personal earnings, this is probably the single most profitable sales letter I have written in my entire career, and you cannot find it anywhere else (without trying to reconstruct it from my plagiarisers’ butchered attempts to adapt it 😂).
- A full line-by-line breakdown of the ‘behind-the-scenes’ strategies I used in my profile (which contained some ‘traps’ designed so that anyone who plagiarised it was actually selling ME, even without mentioning my name!)
- A LIVE look over my shoulder as I write a proposal in 2021 … priced 50% over the client’s budget … that gets a keen response from the client! (I only show you the proposal, since the reply came later, but the client was keen. I didn’t want the job though so I didn’t bother going further.)
- 2 ‘nuclear options’ for when you MUST win a job but you don’t have enough experience!
- A behind-the-scenes look at how CLIENTS see your proposals — and how to use this fact to your advantage!
- A breakdown of the best 81-word Upwork proposal I ever saw (which I received as a client) and how to model it for your OWN proposals.
- How I used the search function to find jobs to win.
- A FULL transcript (with my commentary) on how I negotiated and won a $12,000 copywriting job! This is a full, 11-page record of every single message from the client’s original message … to inking the contract. I show you how I made the client ‘prove’ himself to me … how I introduced my price … and how I even recovered after a monumental stuff-up that nearly cost me the job!
- What to say if clients bring up your cheap work history and ask why you’re charging them more.
- What to say if a client asks how quickly you can do the job.
- A 5-point response framework for answering questions about experience you don’t have … without looking like a noob. (If a client asks “Have you ever written in this niche?” or “Can you show us any VSLs you’ve written before?” … just answer the way I show you and you’ll be fine.)
- A ‘last-ditch’ message template you can use to revive cold leads. (It doesn’t always work … but it’ll give you your best shot!)
- The ‘niche-hopping’ strategy for breaking into a niche that’s rife with competition, even when you’re new.
- And more!
As you can see … there’s a LOT of gold in this course.
(Don’t worry … the ‘bonus’ material only adds another hour or so to the course.)
How much is it?
Here’s where I’m going to dazzle you with my amazing copywriting skills.
Because in the right hands, I think this information could be worth $99,999,999,999.
But not YOU, pal. No way you’re going to pay $99,999,999,999.
Heck … you’re not even going to pay $9,999!
(Wait, am I doing this price-ladder thing right?
No? I’m overdoing it?
Yeah … you’re not going to pay anywhere near that.
Upwork in One Hour is just 150 bucks.
Not bad for something that could kickstart your entire career.
And I’m not exaggerating.
Literally hours after launching this course, I got this email from someone who’d used it to generate FOUR leads over lunch…
And just two days later, one had signed him for a year’s worth of email copywriting work:
That same day, another student used this course to land a $3,000/month retainer — in under 30 minutes! — WITH HIS FIRST EVER UPWORK PROPOSAL:
Another student from Colombia — using my strategies in Spanish — made her entire investment back within a week of getting the course:
Here’s all the work another student won in his first month using the course:
Again, I am not guaranteeing these — or any! — results for YOU.
Your results will depend a lot on your copywriting skills (which this course does not teach) and your individual work ethic.
But, it does show you what is possible with my system.
One more thing to know before you buy:
The course is delivered via my Learnistic mobile app.
Due to the requirements of Learnistic which I do not control, users in some countries — such as Nigeria — will need to use an app such as FreeTone or Text Me to get a US mobile number in order to use the app. If you are not willing to do this, DO NOT BUY THIS COURSE.
For the time being, the course is mobile-and-iPad-only.
There will be a desktop version in the next couple of months, but for now, you can only watch on your phone or iPad.
Here’s how to buy Upwork in One Hour:
Simply use this button to buy the course for $150:
Once you purchase, you’ll get an email from ‘Learnistic’ inviting you to download the Learnistic app, where you’ll be able to access your purchase.
(If you already have this app, the content will just be added to your account automatically.)
If you buy and have ANY troubles whatsoever, email me immediately at daniel@<this domain name>.com, and I will get you sorted. (Domain name removed to spite the spambots)
“How long is Upwork in One Hour?”
Are you for real?
“Does this course cover how to get my account approved with Upwork?”
Yes, as I said above … there is a section on how to get your Upwork account approved. However, success rates tend to be lower if you live in a non-Western country. (This seems to be an Upwork rule, not my rule.) If you are NOT living in a Western country (like the US, Australia, Europe, etc.) I recommend you try getting your profile approved BEFORE buying this course.
“If I take your course and start applying it tomorrow, how long will it take until I get my first client?”
Literally impossible to say. I won my first job within a week of being on Upwork. Some of my students (featured on this page) have gotten leads and even retainer contracts within one day of using the course. Or it might take you a couple weeks to make that ‘breakthrough’, like it’s taken some of my other students. Or heck, maybe it takes you even longer. (I highly doubt that, if you actually do what I teach. But I’m not making any promises. Remember, it’s BYO-copywriting-chops here.)
“Does your approach work if I am a total beginner?”
Actually, yes. This is probably the most ‘beginner-friendly’ product I have, because, well, *I* was a beginner when I started on Upwork, and this is what I did. Again, I don’t guarantee results, but in theory, my own experience proves it’s possible.
“What kind of copywriting does your system work for?”
In theory, all kinds. I personally started with ‘easier’ jobs on Upwork, since I was a beginner, so I went with stuff like About pages, blog posts, product descriptions and so on. Then later I moved into sales emails and sales pages as I got better. On the other hand, I have a student who started using my approach in 2021 and went straight into sales emails, and has been winning work.
“Does this course cover everything about Upwork?”
Actually, no. It is my full system for how I did things. But admittedly, that’s not everything you could know. I don’t cover “specialised profiles”, the new Upwork “Project Catalog”, advanced profile optimisation, the hidden mechanics of the Job Success Score, and lots of other things I’m not really knowledgeable about. Plus, since the course is only an hour, I can’t give you a world-beating education on advanced negotiation strategies or anything like that — it is simply the handful of tactics that I found useful on Upwork.
Instead, Upwork in One Hour is designed to give you the tools to start winning jobs as quickly as possible, and raising your rate. In future, I will add recommendations inside the course for further resources if you start making some serious money and want to invest further into your Upwork education.
“Isn’t everything you know about Upwork outdated already?”
No, because I made sure to double-check every part of my system against how Upwork works TODAY. But honestly? Very little of what I say in this course is actually dependent on Upwork. It’s mostly about the sales psychology of attracting clients and winning jobs.
Besides, I still receive invites in 2021 (there’s a screenshot on this very page) … and I’ve coached students who are now making money in 2021 on Upwork.
“I’m using / have used Upwork and nobody replies to my proposals. Is Upwork in One Hour going to help with that?”
Most likely, yes. Upwork in One Hour is pretty thorough on how to write better proposals. It’s one of the core parts of the course.
“Is there a money-back guarantee?”
My usual policy on change-of-mind refunds (i.e. “no”) applies.
Nor am I going to offer you a refund if you buy the course and can’t win any work, because like I clearly said, it doesn’t make up for bad copywriting on your part, and I can’t control that.
And (gasp!) I’m not even going to offer a refund guarantee in the event you can’t get your account approved on Upwork, because:
1) Almost all of the strategies in this course are just as applicable on any other freelancing platform, like Fiverr, Freelancer.com, or Flexjobs; and
2) Many of my strategies are still valuable even if you DON’T use a freelancing platform at all, and just freelance offline.
Besides, the obvious solution — if you’re really worried about the account approval part — is to go and apply to get your account approved first, then come back and buy this course.
“Does this course cover how to actually write copy for my clients?”
“Does this course cover using Upwork for jobs other than copywriting?”
You could probably adapt a lot of my system to other kinds of freelance work, but Upwork in One Hour is specifically created for freelance copywriters, and most of the advice is copywriting-specific.
“Will this system help me win work on Upwork if my first language is not English?”
Will the principles of Upwork in One Hour work in other languages? Yes. Is there a ton of work on Upwork for non-English speakers? I truly don’t know. If you try it out, let me know.
“How much money did you make on Upwork in total?”
In my first two years freelance copywriting (the time I was using Upwork) I made about $130k. $70k of that was from Upwork, because I was splitting my time between on-Upwork and off-Upwork clients. I stopped using Upwork for client work in 2018.
“Will this course help me make that much money?”
That is impossible for me to answer. I can’t say it will. On the other hand, maybe you could do even better than me. A lot of this depends on your copywriting skills.
“If Upwork is so good for getting clients why did you stop using it?”
Because I stopped wanting new clients … duh?
(I distrust any copywriter who says they want to work for clients forever …)
But in the beginning, you need clients. And if I started over TOMORROW and everyone forgot who I was, guess where I’d go to get more clients? Yep … Upwork.
“Can I pay for this course with PayPal?”
“I’m about to do that thing where I read all the way to the bottom of the sales page but I still have lingering doubts so I’m going to just flick back up the page and start randomly re-reading parts that I already read while I umm and ahh about whether I want to buy this until my phone pings and distracts me.”
Um … okay, that wasn’t really a question.
But, that’s cool. You do you.
All I’ll say in closing is … deciding whether to buy this course really shouldn’t be a big deal.
Some of my other courses are really expensive — like Market Detective, which costs a whopping $1,500 (and is worth every cent).
On the other hand, at $150, this course is basically an impulse buy in comparison.
Look, I won’t deny there are legitimate reasons not to buy Upwork in One Hour:
- You’re genuinely just too proud or prejudiced to even give Upwork a shot (that’s a shame, but your loss)
- You don’t have ANY copywriting skills and you want to brush up on those first (fair enough)
- $150 is actually going to put you into serious financial difficulty to afford (in which case, HONESTLY, you should not be looking at copywriting courses at all — please, save up some more money in your actual day job first)
Otherwise, I’ve done my best to take away all your other excuses.
It’s very cheap for a copywriting client-getting course.
You just saw REAL proof of REAL people who’ve used it to earn the entire purchase price back … within days (or in some cases, HOURS).
You can’t even say you “don’t have time for another course” … it is LITERALLY ONE HOUR LONG.
(And even THAT hour is broken into 20+ lessons each just a FEW MINUTES long, for goodness’ sake!)
What else is there to think about?
Anyway, that’s my pitch. Ball’s in your court now.
If you decide you want it, you can use this button here: